Natural Shoreland Erosion Control Certification Course
for Landscapers, Contractors, and Site Workers
*NEW* Online NSECC Training Registration Form for Fall 2022 Training
2023 NSECC Training Date Coming soon!
This Certification Course covers shoreland Best Management Practices, including techniques for erosion control, stormwater management, bioengineering and wildlife habitat protection. Lakeshore owners often rely on professional contractors, landscapers, engineers or other site workers to give advice and help them manage their property. The NSECC course teaches contractors both how to use best management practices and the science of how they work to protect the lake while remaining attractive and appealing to homeowners.
All workers certified through this six hour training course will be listed on the Agency of Natural Resources web site and the list will be shared with lakeshore property owners.
To inquire about registration for future courses and for general questions, please contact Alison Marchione at firstname.lastname@example.org
Training Locations and Dates:
NSECC Certification lasts three years. After three years you will need to recertify to continue to be included on the list of certified professionals. Options for recertification are below.
If you don't remember the year you earned your NSECC certification, please contact David Addeo at David.Addeo@vermont.gov
Options for Recertification
Options for Recertification
- Attend Another Training or Conference
- UPCOMING: Sustaining Lake Champlain: A Vision for 2050 Thursday May 11, 2023 - In Person and Virtual
- VT Rivers and Roads Training
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure Workshop - various offered throughout the year
- UVM Sea Grant Relator Training
- NSECC Training (course curriculum varies some from year to year, but always provides current science, case studies, and updates on permit requirements)
- Vermont Lake Seminar
- North American Lake Management Society Conference
- New England Chapter of the North American Lake Management Society Conference
- Maine Erosion Control Workshops (available in person and online)
- It’s possible to attend another Conference or Training Event and earn Recertification Credits, if the training is deemed relevant to shoreland issues by Alison Marchione.
- Complete a Bioengineering Project Installation
- If you have been involved with a shoreland restoration project, you can earn NSECC recertification credits for your work. Please send a email with work description, photos, and location to email@example.com
FORM to SEND US for Recertification. This is REQUIRED and essential for our record keeping.
- Vermont Bioengineering Manual (To print this Manual, under the printer headings, select “flip on short side,” so it will print landscape, back to back and open properly.)
- Vermont Bioengineering Project Tour
- 2022 Training Agenda
- Fall 2022 Training Flyer
- The Science Behind Shoreland Management and Bioengineering
- The Reasons for the Certification Training
- Native Plant Suppliers
- Vermont Lake Wise Program
- Shoreland BMPs
- Shoreland permitting
- Native Plant Presentation
- Permitting and Regulations
- Vermont Lake Conditions
- Living Shoreland Best Management Practices
- 2020 Natural Shoreland Erosion Control Certification - Bioengineering Presentation
- 2019 NALMs Bioengineering Presentation
- Introduction and Installation of Bioengineering Practices (Full Length)
- Introduction to Bioengineering Practices
- Installation of Two Bioengineering Practices