The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources is working with the Vermont Department of Health to continue to identify sources and reduce the use, release and public exposure of per and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) in Vermont.
For any questions or concerns, call the VT DEC PFAS hotline at 802-693-0206.
Studies and Reports
• Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl Substances Inputs to Wastewater Treatment Facilities (2022) Weston & Sampson
• Review of Conceptual Leachate Treatment Scoping Study New England Waste Services of Vermont (NEWSVT) (2020) Civil & Environmental Consultants, prepared for Vermont DEC.
• Poly- and Perfluoroalkyl Substances at Wastewater Treatment Facilities and Landfill Leachate (2020) Weston & Sampson
• PFAS Waste Source Testing Report for New England Waste Services of Vermont (2019) Sanborn Head & Associates
• Conceptual Leachate Treatment Scoping Study for New England Waste Services of Vermont (NEWSVT) Landfill (2019) Brown and Caldwell
• PFAS Background in Vermont Shallow Soils (2019) University of Vermont, Sanborn Head & Associates
• General Information on PFAS Factsheet
• The Act 21 PFAS Law Factsheet
• The Department of Health PFAS and Drinking Water Factsheet
• The Drinking Water Testing for Well Owners Factsheet
• The Department of Health Drinking Water Testing Factsheet
• Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC) PFAS Factsheets