Vermont Wetland Rule Amendments - 2020
Effective January 21, 2020 the Vermont Wetland Rules changed from the 2018 version to the recently approved 2020 version. The purpose of this rulemaking was to include Class I protections for one wetlands. The new Class I wetland is Beaver Meadows in Ripton. Class I designations are reserved for those wetlands which are exceptional or irreplaceable in in their contribution to Vermont’s natural heritage, and the Agency may issue a permit authorizing activity in a Class I wetland only to meet a compelling public need to protect public health or safety. Class I wetlands also receive a larger protected buffer zone.
Below are links on the new adopted Rules.
- Procedure for Application of Silviculture Allowed Uses of the Vermont Wetland Rules
- Repair and Maintenance Allowed Use Guidance
- Vermont Wetlands Section Class II and Class III Determination Procedure
- Vermont Wetland Rules Contiguous Wetlands Procedure
- Vermont Wetlands Rules Applicability to Roads Procedure
- Procedure for Existing Constructed Features
Below are superseded versions of the Vermont Wetland Rules
- 2018 VWR: The purpose of this rulemaking was to include Class I protections for two wetlands. The two new Class I wetlands are the LaPlatte River Wetlands in Shelburne, and Peacham Bog in Peacham.
- 2017 VWR
- 2010 VWR
- 2002 VWR
- 1990 VWR