Skip to main content

Watershed Management Division Contacts

If you have questions the fastest way to get an answer is to use the division's new Inquiry Form:

Watershed Management Division Inquiry Form

PLEASE submit any permit applications, compliance reports, or fee payments online. It will speed up processing. Click here to submit online:

Electronic Application, Reporting and Payment Intake Form

Business and Operational Support Services -

General inquiries and questions concerning application status, permit billing and account receivable, and public records requests should be directed to the Business and Operational Support Services (BOSS) program at

Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Program -

Questions concerning Animal Feeding Operations (AFOs) and any related permitting should be directed to the CAFO program at

Lakes and Ponds Management and Protection Program -

Questions concerning lakes and ponds and related permits including Aquatic Nuisance Control, Lake Encroachment, Shoreland, and the Pesticide General Permit should be directed to the lakes program at ANR.WSMDLakes@vermont,gov

Monitoring and Assessment Program (MAP)

Questions concerning surface water assessment should be directed to the Assessment Section supervisor Questions concerning biomonitoring should be directed to the Biomonitoring and Aquatic Studies Section supervisor

Rivers Program -

Questions concerning Rivers and related permits including Stream Alteration, Mineral Prospecting, the Flood Hazard Area & River Corridor General Permit, and Surface Water Withdrawal Registration and Reporting should be directed to the Rivers program at

Stormwater Program -

Questions concerning stormwater and related permits should be directed to the Stormwater program at

Wastewater Program -

Questions concerning wastewater, wastewater laboratory assistance, and wastewater discharge permits including NPDES Permits, Pretreatment Permits, and General Permits for Discharges from Petroleum Related Remediation Activities should be directed to the Wastewater program at

Wetlands Program - - Wetlands Inquiry Portal

Questions concerning wetlands and related permits should be directed to the Wetlands program at  To request a site visit or a project review, please fill out this form.

Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
Watershed Management Division
Davis Building - 3rd Floor
1 National Life Drive
Montpelier, VT 05620-3522
Main Telephone: 802-828-1115