For a comprehensive guide on LPP participation, please refer to the 2022 LPP Partner Guide. The Partner Guide provides detailed information on sampling and QAQC procedures, flow observations, and data review.
- Chloride levels are on the rise in Vermont's waters. Read our explanation of the when, where, and why of chloride monitoring.
2022 Annual Partner Training & Orientation
- The Addison County River Watch Collaborative has created this video to demonstrate proper water quality sampling techniques:
- Survey123 - As of 2022, LPP is using the app Survey123 to collect flow observations directly from partners in the field.
- Survey123 smartphone app
- Survey123 Webform
- To view flow observations as they are submitted, please visit the LPP Flow Data Dashboard.
- Flow Observation Guidelines
- How to calculate the relative percent different (RPD)
- How to create a box and whisker plot (Khan Academy)
- Matrix Spike: What is it and why do you need it? The ESS Laboratory has created a document explaining various quality control measures used during data collection.
- Vermont Assessment Page with Lists of Impaired and Priority Waters
- Vermont Surface Water Assessment and Listing Methodology
- Vermont Surface Water Management Strategy
- Vermont Volunteer Surface Water Monitoring Guide
- EPA's “Volunteer Monitor's Guide to Quality Assurance Project Plans”
- US Geological Survey StreamStats
- WikiWatershed: Freshwater Stewardship Web tools
- Real Statistics using Excel