Safe and secure drinking water is the highest priority, and water systems are continuing to assess their vulnerabilities and taking action to maintain and improve emergency response and security. The Drinking Water & Groundwater Protection Division is working to provide systems with training and tools necessary to continue to protect the state’s drinking water and meeting new emergency planning and security challenges.
Owners and operators are encouraged to contact the DWGWPD for further information on how they can protect their public water supply system, including making an appointment for a vulnerability assessment and/or assistance in the preparation/revision of an emergency response plan.
DWGWPD Emergency Contact Information:
- There is no longer an emergency pager available. Please refer to the Boil Water Notice Procedure for operational or bacteriological issues, otherwise contact Division staff during normal business hours.
- Phone: 802-828-1535 (during business hours 7:45am - 4:30pm weekdays)
- Public Assistance for Water and Wastewater Utilities in Emergencies and Disasters
Emergency Planning & Response Tools
- Emergency Response Plan Template
- Vulnerability Self-Assessment Tool (VSAT)
- Chlorine Dosages for Storage Tank Emergency Disinfection
- Bulk Water Hauling As an Emergency Practice: Notification Form & Guidance
- Reimbursement Tips for Water Sector Response and Recovery