Regional Office Permits
The application portal is located here: ANR Online. To begin filling out an application, click on the title of the Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Permit Application. Further instructions are located on the opening pages of that form.
DEADLINES for Potable Water and Wastewater Application Payments and Revisions
The Regional Office Program has instituted a policy for the timeliness of submitting payments and making corrections to Potable Water and Wastewater Applications.
- Payments and Revisions/Corrections must be made within 60 days.
- An application must be deemed administratively complete before the permitting process can continue.
- An application can be rescinded without prejudice if the information requested and payment to process a permit application is not received within 60 days.
- Reminder notifications for payment and corrections/revisions will be sent to the designer and applicant.
- Applications that remain administratively incomplete at 60 days will be rescinded.
- An administrative processing fee of $50 will be retained when an application is rescinded for outstanding corrections or revisions at 60 days.
- A refund request for the application fee, minus the $50 administrative processing fee will be initiated within one week after rescinding the submission.
- If the application is voluntarily withdrawn before the 60-day deadline, the entire application fee will be refunded.
Instructions and Help
You may request a voluntary revocation of your permit by submitting the following form:
PDF form: Voluntary Revocation Request Form.
If you are submitting an application and have questions either with an electronic or paper application, please contact your respective Regional Office staff.
SUPPORTING FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
Notification Forms and Instructions
Notification Requirements - Proposed projects may need to provide notification to adjacent property owners when the water supply or wastewater system overshadows onto property not owned by the applicant. Some applicants may be subject to Notification Requirements.
For the construction of a replacement water source that serves only one single-family resident with no other buildings or structures and no campgound
For the adjustment of a boundary line that falls under the exemptions in the April 12, 2019 Rules when there is no consruction involved
Fee Chart for Wastewater Systems and Potable Water Supply Permit Applications under 10 V.S.A. Chapter 64: Fees Effective July 1, 2015.
NOTE: Applicants may also need to reference Water Supply Division fee information.
- Fees Effective JULY 1, 2015
- Definitions of Terms Used in Determination of Fee Amounts for WW Permit Applications
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION RESOURCES
- Water Source Protection Area (SPA) maps for public community water systems.
- Some water treatment systems are exempt -- link to statutory language Effective June 4, 2010.
- Surface Water Source Form - form for landowners to complete if requesting to use surface water as a potable water supply.