Regional Office Program Rules
New Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules, Effective April 12, 2019
- Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules, Effective 4/12/2019
- Indirect Discharge Rules, Effective 4/12/2019
- Water Supply Rule, Revised 3/17/2020
Documents Referenced in the Rules:
Your Regional Office will help you locate information about your wastewater system and water supply. For permit assistance, you can use the Permit Navigator tool to help you identify what environmental permits you may need for a project on a single parcel. If you have a linear, polygon, or multi-parcel project, you can contact a Community Assistance Specialist to get started.
Due to the high cost of printing and postage we must now charge for paper copies of the Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules. Please fill out the order form (PDF) for a paper copy.
Water Supply Rule (link to page) - see part II of the Water Supply Rules for non-public (potable) water systems.
Act 145, amended by the Legislature in 2012, requires a landowner applying for a Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Permit to notify adjacent landowners when a wastewater presumptive shield or water supply presumptive shield overshadows onto lot or lots not owned by the person applying for the permit. A brief outline of the notification process is as follows:
- All notifications required of the landowner (as an applicant or a permittee) shall be done by certified mail;
- Notifications to property owners affected by “overshadowing” will be made using a standardized form developed by the Secretary;
- Notifications only need to include a site plan that accurately depicts all of the overshadowed areas on neighboring property. (The requirement to send the entire application and a copy of all of the plans has been eliminated); and
- Notification to property owners possibly affected by overshadowing shall be made at least seven calendar days prior to the date that the permit application is submitted to the Secretary. (The prior notice period didn’t start until the application was submitted.)
- If there is no overshadowing, ANR Form 5 must be submitted with the permit application.
Notification Forms & Instructions:
- Notification Instructions
- ANR Form 1 - 2022.02.18
- ANR Form 2 - 2022.02.18
- ANR Form 3 - 2022.02.18
- ANR Form 4 - 2022.02.18
- ANR Form 5 - 2022.02.18