Click Here to download this announcement as a PDF
Tier 1 Online River and Roads Slide Show:
This slide show presentation discusses river terms and concepts to provide a background for the Tier 2 class. The slide show may take 30 minutes to an hour to review and includes some quick quizzes that are not recorded but provide immediate feedback for the user. Important Note: the slide show works best using Internet Explorer, and we do not recommend the use of Chrome, Firefox or Edge platforms.
- Click on either link below to view the Tier 1 slideshow
Tier 2 River and Roads workshops:
Watch this brief and fun video link from VPR Outdoors Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOBMq2gYP_k
Tier 2 is a two-day training and is both indoors and outdoor. Bring, or wear, appropriate field clothes and waterproof boots or old sneakers you can get wet! Each day will be indoors for slide shows and class exercises and river flume table demonstrations and outdoors on rivers and streams to observe in the field what we’ve seen and discussed indoors. Certificates of Completion for documenting continuing education credits are issued upon completion for renewal of professional licenses and other relevant certifications (i.e. VT Roads Scholar).
Workshops with Vermont Local Roads (VLR): Open to municipal staff, state staff, and limited regional planning commission staff and conservation districts that are working directly with municipalities on river and road related issues. Snacks and lunch provided by VLR!
- May 29th & 30th (Wed. & Thur.) at Winhall Town Garage, 64 Old Town Rd. Winhall
- October 1st & 2nd (Tue. & Wed.) at Bradford Town Garage, 359 Fairground Rd, Bradford
Sign-up for these events go to VT Local Roads web site at: https://localroads.vermont.gov/
Workshops at VTrans Training Center (VTTC) at 1716 Route 302 Berlin: Open to all municipal staff, state staff, construction contractors, engineers, consultants, regional planning commission staff, conservation districts, and others working with communities on river and road related issues.
- May 22 & 23rd (Wed & Thur.)
- October 9th & 10th (Wed. & Thur.)
Sign-up for VTTC events go through:
- Non-state staff: contact Staci Pomeroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-490-6191
- State staff: SOV LINC (look at the events calendar for the “ Rivers and Roads Tier II”)
For SOV first time user Login info for state employees
User ID: Your @vermont.gov email address. Password: P4ssw0rd
Note: you will be required to change your password upon your first log in, additionally; your password must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 8 characters and must contain both upper and lower case letters
- Must contain alpha and numeric characters
- Must contain at least one special character