Imported Bottled Water (Non-VT Water Sources)

If the bottled water system is in another state or country (Imported bottled water system), a statement from the appropriate regulatory agency with jurisdiction over the bottled water system indicating that the facility has been approved to bottle or package water for human consumption shall be submitted. This approval may be in the form of a copy of a certificate, license, permit, or a letter of approval from the agency. The Secretary may require the imported bottled water system to submit a copy of the laws and regulations on bottled water processing from the regulatory agency having jurisdiction. In accordance with 10 VSA §1673(f)(1), an imported bottled water system shall certify that the water and the source and system of the imported water is regulated by drinking water standards or requirements substantially equivalent to or more stringent than standards or requirements established by the Secretary pursuant to 10 VSA §1672(b).

Search Form Logo

YouTube logo