Skip to main content

ANR Flood Recovery Resources

Find updates and information on the recent flood.

Project Signage

Depending on your project funding package there may be up to three separate project signage requirements.  Clean Water Projects require the Vermont Clean Water Project Sign.  Any CWSRF or DWSRF project funded through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) must have a BIL Sign.  ALL CWSRF or DWSRF must comply with EPAs signage requirement (this does not always require project signage).

Vermont Clean Water Project Sign (2021)

Vermont DEC is requiring the use of a Clean Water Project sign in addition to the standard EPA funding sign for all clean water projects, including CWSRF projects.  If your project has CWSRF funding the Clean Water Project sign can be integrated with the CWSRF project sign.

Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Signage Guidance (NEW 2023)

EPA and SRF Signage

EPA requires projects which are funded through SRF program to perform public outreach and awareness. The method of public awareness to be utilized is to be selected for each project by the Owner from the following options:

Signage and Public Outreach Options

  • Signage: For use on a project where the sign can be located near a major roadway, or other location where it effectively publicizes the project to the community.
  • Posters in Public Building: For use on smaller projects and projects located in more rural areas.
  • Newsletter, Periodical, and Press Release: For use on projects with no public space or where use of signage is unlikely to reach community members effectively.
  • Online Advertisement: For use in communities with websites that are recognized by the public as sources of information and where project signage may not reach a wide audience.
  • Insert or Pamphlet Water/Sewer Bill: For use on projects that directly benefit individuals in a community.

Guidance Documents and Checklists

Required Formats and Logos

  • Vermont Project Sign (JPG) and (PDF)
  • Vermont State Logo (JPG) , (PDF) , and (PNG)
  • The recipient must request the appropriate EPA logo graphic file from the Office of Public Affairs. Click HERE for more information.