Skip to main content

Construction Permits

Permit to Construct

Construction Permit is required for all new public water system proposals and for any existing improvements, major repairs, or expansion to an existing public water system. In addition, In-state bottled and bulk water collection, treatment and distribution facilities are required to obtain a construction permit prior to construction of or modification to existing infrastructure. Under Act 150, public notice is required for all permits with applications deemed administratively complete after January 1, 2018. For construction permits, draft permit notification shall be posted on the ENB for a minimum of 14 days prior to issuance or denial of the permit application.


General Water Main Construction Permit

For certain water main projects water systems may be eligible for coverage under the General Water Main Construction Permit. Eligibibility for coverage under the General Permit is determined in the ANR Online application form for the Construction Permit.


Video Resources

Drinking Water Sharing Session #3

ANR Online Tutorial Videos 


Drinking Water Sharing Session Powerpoints

Drinking Water Sharing Session - NSF 60 & AWWA C651

Drinking Water Sharing Session - Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs)


Drinking Water Sharing Session Resources

Linear Construction Projects Guidance Document

Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) State Revolving Fund (SRF) Q&A

EPA Memo- Asbestos Cement (AC) Pipe Replacement