The Stormwater Management Program provides regulatory oversight and technical assistance to ensure proper design and construction of stormwater treatment and control practices necessary to minimize the adverse impacts of stormwater runoff to surface waters throughout Vermont.
Applications for coverage under GP 3-9015, GP 3-9010 are no longer being accepted. Operational permit applications must be submitted through GP 3-9050 materials. Applications for INDS submitted on or after December 1, 2020, for an activity that is eligible for coverage under GP 3-9050 may be requested to revise the application and apply under GP 3-9050. Questions on eligibility under GP 3-9050 or questions regarding whether an INDS applies may be directed to Stormwater Program staff.
- General Permit 3-9050 General Permit 3-9050 for Stormwater Discharges from New Development, Redevelopment, 3-Acre Sites, and Previously Permitted Stormwater Discharges.
- Individual Stormwater Permit (INDS) for discharges from projects which utilize Alternative Stormwater Treatment Practices (STPs) and other limited circumstances.
- General Permit 3-9030 Residual Designation Authority (RDA) required for designated discharges to Bartlett, Centennial, Englesby, Morehouse, and Potash Brook watersheds. Renewals of 3-9030 permits will be issued under 3-9050.
- Individual Offset Project (INDO) for projects to improve the watershed.
Application Materials and Instructions
- Initial NOI Requirements
- 2017 Vermont Stormwater Management Manual Rule and Design Guidance describes the treatment standards and practices for operational permits
- Application instructions, forms and worksheets for all operational permits
- 9050 Registration (only applicable to permits for “three-acre sites” in stormwater impaired waters that expired prior to 12/1/2020)
- Application Requirements for Operational Permits
- List of Stormwater Engineering Firms
- Designer Training & Examples