Pursuant to House Bill H.489 as passed by the Vermont State Legislature, some drinking water program fees increased effective July 1, 2015. In order to provide the Department of Environmental Conservation with the resources necessary to continue to provide services and support to the regulated community, the Department charges fees. The current drinking water-related fees are identified below:
Public Water System Construction Permit Applications
- Community Water Systems: $900 per application (plus additional treatment plant fee listed below, if applicable).
- Non-Transient Non-Community (NTNC) Systems: $900 per application (plus additional treatment plant fee listed below, if applicable).
- Transient Non-Community (TNC) Systems: $500 per application (plus additional treatment plant fee listed below, if applicable).
- Additional fee for applications including proposed changes to Treatment Plants: $0.003 per gallon of daily design capacity.
- All minor and administrative amendments: $150.00 per application
Note: There is no longer a Construction Permit Application fee exemption for projects funded by the State Revolving Loan Fund. All applications are subject to the application fees.
Public Water System Source Permit Applications
- Community Water Systems: $945 per source.
- NTNC Water Systems: $770 per source.
- TNC Water Systems: $385 per source.
- Source Permit Amendments: $150 per amendment
Public Water System Operating Fees
- Community Water Systems: $0.05 per 1,000 gallons of water produced annually.
- NTNC Water Systems: $0.0355 per 1,000 gallons of water produced annually or $70.00, whichever is greater.
- TNC Water Systems: $100 per year
- Bottled Water Facilities: $1,390 annually per permitted facility; $150 for permit amendments.
Public Water System Operating Certificates
- For Class 1A and 1B Operators: $45 per initial certificate or renewal. Operators who are also permittees are no longer subject to the exemption from this fee. All 1A and 1B operators are responsible for the $45 fee.
- For Class 2, 3, 4 or D Operators: $80 per initial certificate or renewal.
Well Driller Licenses
Water Well Driller and/or Monitor Well Driller Licenses: $140 annual fee per initial application or renewal, for the duration of the license.
For facilities permitted to withdraw groundwater pursuant to 10 V.S.A. §1418: $2,300.00 annually per facility.
Wastewater (WW) Fees effective July 1, 2015
WW Permit Application Fees for Construction of a Building/Structure, Potable Water Supply, and/or Wastewater System, and/or for the Subdivision of Land:
Design flow for the potable water supply and/or wastewater system (use higher of the water or wastewater flows if they are different).
- 560 gpd or less $306.25
- Greater than 560 gpd and less than or equal to 2,000 gpd $870.00
- Greater than 2,000 gpd and less than or equal to 6,500 gpd $3,000.00
- Greater than 6,500 gpd and less than or equal to 10,000 gpd $7,500.00
- Greater than 10,000 gpd $13,500.00 *
Special Fee Categories
- Fee Exempt Project – Permit Amendments for Our Corrections $0.00
- Fee Exempt Project – Permits for Exempt Municipal Projects $0.00
- Fee Exempt Project – Permits for Exempt State Projects $0.00
- Minor Amendment $150.00; Minor Project $270.00
- Projects located in a designated Vermont Neighborhood $50.00
Note: The creation of an undeveloped lot does not require a permit from the Division and therefore the undeveloped lot is fee exempt.