Final MS4 General Permit
The Agency of Natural Resources (ANR) issued the VT MS4 General Permit 2017 on Friday, July 27, 2018. The most significant changes to in the 2018 MS4 permit is the requirement for municipalities to develop Phosphorus Control Plans to comply with the Lake Champlain Phosphorus TMDLs.
Annual Report - Due April 1, 2022
- Annual Report Form - A complete Annual Report for the 2021 calendar year consists of the Annual Report Form, the Annual Report Workbook, and the BMP Tracking Table.
- Annual Report Workbook
- BMP Tracking Table (updated 3/13/2020) - latest change only affects practices with <0.1" of storage depth.
- MS4 NOI - for Phosphorus Control Plan submittal
- MS4 Permit Incorporation Form
- MS4 Public Notice on the Envirionmental Notice Bulletin (ENB). Interested parties are encouraged to submit comments through the ENB.
Past Presentations and Forms
To submit your MS4's REI, first upload the data to the MRGP Implementation Table. Once it has been uploaded, complete the REI Submittal Form and submit both the form and the MS4's complete SWMP to the Stormwater Program. Submittal of the REI requires a permit amendment, so the complete application will be placed on public notice for 30 days. At the end of that period, when the application has been reviewed and any comments have been addressed, the MS4 will receive an amended permit authorization. There is no fee associated with this amendment.
- REI Guidance & Implementation Table - available on MRGP website
Frequently Asked Questions
Stormwater Impaired Waters Flow Monitoring
- Flow Monitoring Webinar - February 16th, 2017 (Youtube)
- Flow monitoring data
- Precipitation data
- All MS4s that discharge to a stormwater impaired water are required to implement a flow and precipitation monitoring program. In compliance with the January 2, 2014 due date in the MS4 permit, all MS4s submitted Flow Monitoring Plans. In the 2013-2014 Legislative Session, the Vermont Legislature passed a bill that allows the Agency to collect funds from MS4s to implement a comprehensive flow monitoring program for MS4s that wish to participate. For the text of the bill and final Act, click here: Act 171: An Act Relating To Establishing The Ecosystem Restoration And Water Quality Improvement Special Fund