The Water Investment Division completed the 5-year update of the Missisquoi Bay Tactical Basin Plan, including an updated list of strategies from the 2016 plan.
2021 Missisquoi Bay Tactical Basin Plan
The Missisquoi Bay Tactical Basin Plan was developed with the purpose of both improving and protecting water quality and aquatic habitats, and presents the recommendations of State and federal resource agencies, watershed partner organizations, planning commissions, municipalities, and individual citizens. The Plan includes the following information:
- Assessment of the health of the Missisquoi Bay watershed
- Strategies to protect very high quality waters as well as address water quality issues in the basin
- Lake Champlain Phosphorus TMDL targets for the basin by sector in five-year increments as well as other Phase 3 requirements
The strategies can be found in the implementation table summary, a central component of the Tactical Basin Plan. Over 1000 individual related projects that address strategies are included in the VT Watershed Projects database.
A responsiveness summary addressing public comments is included in the plan as Appendix C. For assistance using the Plan, please contact Karen Bates by email at email@example.com or phone at 802-490-6144.
The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources has prepared an online mapping tool, the ANR Natural Resources Atlas, that allows the reader to identify the locations of many Basin features.
- 2016 Missisquoi Bay Tactical Basin Plan
- Stormwater Master Plan - Swanton Town and Village
- Stormwater Master Plan - Town of Enosburg and Enosburg Falls
- Stormwater Master Plan - Town of Franklin
- Stormwater Master Plan - Town of Georgia
- Stormwater Master Plan - Highgate
- Wild and Scenic River Study - Upper Missisquoi River and Trout River
- Missisquoi River Watershed (Basin #6)
- Missisquoi River Watershed Water Quality Assessment Report (August 2015)
- Phosphorus Levels in Six Tributaries of Missisquoi Bay (2015)
- Lake Carmi Phosphorus TMDL
- Lake Carmi Phosphorus Reduction Action Plan (2008)
- Lake Carmi Watershed Assessment (2009)
- Tactical Basin Planning Homepage
- Lake Champlain Basin Program
- Lake Champlain Basin Program Atlas
- Lake Champlain Research Consortium's Partnership for Research and Integration in the Missisquoi Ecosystem (PRIME)
- Map of Vermont's 15 Major Drainage Basins
- Missisquoi Bay Pollution Reduction Agreement
- Missisquoi River Basin Association
- Missisquoi River Basin Association Water Quality Monitoring Program Summary of Results 2005-2014
- 2013 Missisquoi Bay Basin Water Quality Management Plan