Contamination found during a tank removal/closure is to be reported to the Waste Management and Preventions Spill Program by calling 802-828-1138.
- UST Closure Release Assessment Guidance - Guidance to assist tank owners/contractor/consultants to be in compliance with UST closure and release assessment requirements.
- Closure Form for tank/piping closure or removal. This form along with written summary of the findings of the tank closure are to be emailed to email@example.com .
- Removing Your Residential Underground Tank - What you must and should do when removing your fuel oil or kerosene underground(buried) storage tank. Propane tanks are not part of this program
- Homeowners Looking for financial assistance with the removal/closure of their home heating oil tank (fuel oil or Kerosene) please go to the tank removal financial assistance page
- UST Loans - Information on loans for removing, installing, and upgrading USTs please contact Ted Unkles firstname.lastname@example.org
List of environmental consultants (this list is maintained by the Sites Manage Section, SMS, of the Waste Management and Prevention Division and not the UST Program. Contact 802-828-1138 with questions about the list)
These companines or individuals can perform release assessments during a tank closure or removal in order to determine if there has been a release of petroleum into the enviroment from the underground storage tank system.
List of underground storage tank contractors This list provides the names of companies or individuals that can remove or close in place an underground storage tank
The storage tank program does not license environmental consultants or contractors nor endorses/recommend anyone on these lists.
For guidance on contamination found during an underground storage tank removal please go to the contamination sites section of the Waste Management and Prevention Division website or contact the Sites section by calling 802-828-1138 and ask to speak wiht an site manager.