The State of Vermont Drinking Water and Groundwater Protection Division approves training courses for Water System Operator Certification. The table below summarizes the required renewal credits/training contact hours (TCHs) by Operator class. Operator Certifications need to be renewed every 3 years.
|Class||Training Credit Hours (TCH)|
|4A, 4B, 4C||20 Hours|
The following is a list of associations offering water system operator training courses. Please visit their websites or contact them directly for specific course information (i.e., date, time, class name, contact, TCH's, fee, and location):
- Vermont Rural Water Association
- Green Mountain Water Environment Association
- New England Water Works Association (NEWWA)
- Earth Water Specialists, Inc.
- New England Interstate Water Pollution Control Commission (NEIWPCC)
Online Training Courses:
The following on-line courses have been pre-approved for water system operator TCHs:
** Please note: For Class 2, 3, 4, and D operators only up to 50% of water system operator renewal credits may be earned from on-line courses **
- AYPO Tech, LLC
- Michigan State University Water Management Courses
- Vermont Leagues of Cities and Towns, PACIF Online University
- For Class 1A and 1B operator certification only:
Arizona Operator Core Competencies course through waterhelp.org
Complete the Source, Process Control, and Safety modules to receive 3 training credit hours (TCH).