Draft General Permit 3-9050 serves as the “Three-Acre General Permit” as required under the Vermont Clean Water Act. A “three-acre site” is an impervious surface of three or more acres that:
- has never had an operational stormwater permit, or
- was permitted to standards in place prior to the 2002 Stormwater Management Manual
The Stormwater Rule defines these sites as follows:
- Impervious surface of three or more acres means a single tract of land with three or more acres of impervious surface;
- a project on a tract or tracts of land that was previously authorized under a stormwater permit that authorized the discharge of stormwater from three or more acres of impervious surface; and
- impervious surface adjacent to or adjoining the foregoing types of impervious surfaces where the surface in question are part of a related operation, such as a hospital, resort, or campus.
The draft list below identifies properties that are required to obtain permit coverage and retrofit their site to improve the level of stormwater treatment.