Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation Program
The Agency of Natural Resources’ draft Medium Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) General Permit is now on public notice through 5/10/22. A public hearing has been scheduled for 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM on April 26th, 2022, with virtual and in-person options.
The hearing will consist of a short introduction by the CAFO Program followed by time for attendees to make comments and ask questions. Following the hearing, the CAFO Program will respond in writing to comments and questions received during the comment period and hearing. The hearing can be joined online through Microsoft Teams, with a call-in option or can be attended in-person at the ANR Annex located at 190 Junction Rd, Berlin, VT. Online attendance is encouraged.
For call in option (audio only): 1 802-828-7667, please enter conference ID 472 649 837 followed by #
Additional drafts of the General Permit, responses to AAFM and EPA comments, and a response summary below represent changes made during the stakeholder process that took place between March 2021 and November 2021 in advance of the formal public comment period.
Draft Medium CAFO GP and Fact Sheet on Notice:
Previous drafts of the Medium CAFO GP and Fact Sheet and supporting documents:
- ANR response to EPA comments GP
- ANR response to EPA comments Factsheet
- 2021 Draft General Permit
- 2021 Draft General Permit Factsheet
- Stakeholder Comment Response Summary
- Medium CAFO GP Summary Document
- Medium CAFO GP Presentation Slides
- VAAFM Comments on Draft Medium CAFO Cover Memo with ANR Responses
- VAAFM Comments on Draft Medium CAFO with ANR Response
- EPA Comments on Draft Medium CAFO GP
- EPA Comments on Draft Medium CAFO GP Factsheet
- AAFM Buffer Recommendations