The White River Tactical Basin Plan (TBP) was published on December 11, 2018. The Plan provides an overall assessment of the health of the White River basin and defines on-going and future actions and strategies to address high-priority stressors such as encroachment, stream channel erosion, land erosion, and pathogens. The Plan presents the recommendations of State and Federal resource agencies, watershed partner organizations, planning commissions, municipalities, and individual citizens.
A series of public comment meetings were held in October 2018 to gather feedback on the TBP presented by the VT Agency of Natural Resources in partnership with Two-Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission, White River Natural Resource Conservation District, White River Partnership, Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission (CVRPC) and the Rutland Regional Planning Commission.
The public was encouraged to attend the meetings, hear a presentation and offer their comments and suggestions. Meetings will took place in the evening of 2018 in the following locations:
- October 3rd Randolph, Randolph Town Hall, 7 Summer Street, 6:30-8PM
- October 9th Berlin, Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce Building, 33 Stewart Lane, 7-9PM
- October 11th Royalton, Royalton Academy Building, 4266 Route 14, 6:30-8PM
If you were unable to attend a meeting, you can access the interactive White River Tactical Basin Plan Story Map, which provides a summary of the plan and the remediation and protection priorities.
Priorities for Protection and Remediation
Our Major Partners & Stakeholders
The priority projects and strategies in the tactical basin plans are completed with help from our partners. The list below is not an exhaustive inventory of all the folks that help make the waters of the White River Basin clean for consumption and recreation. Many thanks to all those who volunteer and support Vermont's goals for water quality excellence.
- White River Partnership
- Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission
- Connecticut River Conservancy
- White River Natural Resource Conservation District
- Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission
- Rutland Regional Planning Commission
- Vermont River Conservancy
- All municipalities in the White River Watershed