2021 Public Comment Period - October 13 to November 12, 2021
The 2021 Draft Lamoille River Tactical Basin Plan (TBP) is available for review and public comment from October 13 to November 12, 2021. A Summary 2021 Draft Lamoille TBP is also available for an abbreviated review. A hybrid virtual and in-person meeting was held on Thursday, October 14, 2021, at 6PM in Hyde Park, and in satellite locations hosted by our partners in Jericho, Fairfax, Greensboro, and Berlin. The presentation can be viewed here with closed captioning available. A transcipt of the presentation is also available if you view the video on YouTube.
Copies of the draft plan may be obtained on October 13, 2021, on-line at https://tinyurl.com/y3vwk65z or by requesting a copy from Danielle Owczarski by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (802) 490-6176.
Comments should be directed by email to email@example.com or by mail to Danielle Owczarski, Basin 7 Comments, 1 National Life Drive, Davis 3, Montpelier VT 05620-3522. Comments should be postmarked or sent through email by the end of the business day (4:30 pm) on November 12, 2021. Comments received by this date will be addressed in a responsiveness summary.
2021 Hybrid Public Meeting - October 14 at 6PM
ATTEND ONLINE: Join the 2021 Lamoille Tactical Basin Plan Public Meeting Online at https://bit.ly/3hBp1A7 or call in to 802-828-7667. Conference ID: 865792146#
ATTEND IN PERSON: In Hyde Park with the Watershed Planner and the Lamoille County Planning Commission (RPC) and Natural Resource Conservation District (NRCD); in Jericho with the Chittenden County RPC and the Winooski NRCD; in Greensboro with the Caledonia County NRCD and the Northeastern Development Association; in Fairfax with Northwest RPC and Franklin County NRCD; or in Berlin with the Central Vermont RPC.
MEETING LOCATIONS (masks are required at all venues unless otherwise noted):
Green Mountain Tech & Career Center
738 VT-15, Hyde Park, VT
Jericho Town Office Meeting Room
67 VT-15, Jericho, VT
Greensboro Town Hall
North Room, 81 Laurendon Ave, Greensboro, VT
Fairfax Town Hall
12 Buck Hollow Rd, Fairfax, VT
Central Vermont Chamber of Commerce
33 Stewart Rd, Berlin, VT
The public meeting will be recorded and published to this web page the following day. The final plan should be completed by December 2021. If you have questions or comments about the planning process, please contact your Basin 7 Watershed Planner, Danielle Owczarski, by email at Danielle.Owczarski@vermont.gov or by phone at 802-490-6176.
Tell Me About the Lamoille Basin
The Lamoille River Basin has a watershed area of 706 square miles. The main stem of the Lamoille River flows over 84 miles from its headwaters in Glover to the outer Mallets Bay in Lake Champlain and traverses 34 towns and 5 counties.
Major tributaries to the Lamoille River include the Wild Branch, North Branch, Brewster River, and Browns River. Larger lakes in the watershed include Caspian Lake, Lake Elmore, Green River Reservoir, and Arrowhead Mountain Lake. Click on the List of Basin 7 Existing Uses to discover the opportunities provided at and in these waters.
Lamoille Watershed Priorities
- Protect very high quality surface waters by monitoring, assessment, and reclassification
- Promote implementation of agricultural water quality practices in high phosphorus loading watersheds by mapping, outreach and implementation of conservation tillage and cover cropping in floodable soils
- Protect river corridors and support stream equilibrium by implementing high priority projects identified in River Corridor Plans
- Inventory municipal road erosion features that discharge into surface water and prioritize and implement best management practices
- Engage priority communities in stormwater master planning and implementation
- Improve lakeshore zone habitat by evaluation, protection, and implementation of projects identified in lakewide assessments
- Identify and implement wetland and floodplain restoration projects
- Increasing understanding of water quality conditions through water quality monitoring