Request Funding from VTDEC

The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation provides technical and financial assistance to qualified applicants who intend to redevelop a contaminated property.  Funding may be available to conduct Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, Corrective Action planning and/or implementation, and Area Wide Planning.  All work approved under this program is paid for by the VTDEC and performed by pre-qualified contractors.

Assistance is available to prospective purchasers and innocent current owners of contaminated property.  Applicants can have neither caused nor contributed to the contamination nor be connected to any person or organization that has caused or contributed to the contamination. 

The VTDEC accepts applications for financial assistance for brownfield redevelopment projects on a revolving basis.

*March 2021: Please note that we are currently out of funds. Applications will still be accepted and put into the queue for when more funding is available.*
 CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION.  (Application is a fillable PDF form, and you must download it to your computer prior to editing in order to save your changes.)

Completed applications should be submitted electronically to

Agency of Natural Resources
Department of Environmental Conservation
Waste Management and Prevention Division

Davis Building - 1st Floor
One National Life Drive
Montpelier, VT 05620-3704