The Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation’s (DEC) Clean Water Initiative Program (CWIP) funds projects that improve water quality by reducing nutrient and sediment pollution. The CWIP State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2021 Funding Policy serves as a communication tool to clean water project proponents and prospective/current grant/contract recipients, outlining:
- Current year (SFY 2021) funds available and anticipated funding opportunities;
- DEC and external grantee/contractor roles and responsibilities related to funding programs; and
- Criteria to determine eligible uses of funds.
The Funding Policy applies to all clean water funding initiatives administered by the CWIP defined in the State Fiscal Year 2021 CWIP Spending Plan (see Appendix A). Current/prospective grant/contract recipients are responsible for reviewing and complying with the Funding Policy.
CWIP SFY 2021 Funding Policy and Resources
- CWIP State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2021 Funding Policy (Approved February 4, 2021)
- CWIP SFY 2021 Funding Policy Questions and Answers (posted March 16, 2021)
Submit Funding Policy questions—if not already addressed in the Funding Policy or Questions and Answers document—to ANR.CleanWaterVT@vermont.gov with “CWIP Funding Policy Q&A” as the subject line.
Summary of Funding Policy Updates and Clarifications (compared to SFY 2020 Funding Policy)
Recording of CWIP SFY 2021 Funding Policy Presentation and Presentation Slides (February 18, 2021)
Please visit https://dec.vermont.gov/water-investment/covid-19 for the latest guidance related to COVID-19 and clean water grants and contracts.