The next update to the Basin 14 Tactical Basin Plan will be in 2020. Implementation of the 2015 plan is in process. Projects from assessments and inventories conducted in Basin 14 have been added to the Watershed Projects Database and can be accessed by the public. New projects can be added to the database by contacting your Watershed Planner.
2015 Stevens, Wells, Waits and Ompompanoosuc Tactical Basin Plan
The current tactical basin plan was finalized on August 27, 2015 for use by Agencies and partner organizations to protect, maintain, enhance, and restore surface waters.
Stevens, Wells, Waits and Ompompanoosuc Existing Uses
For more information, contact:
Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
Watershed Management Division
1 National Life Drive, Main 2
Montpelier, VT 05620-3522
Phone: (802) 490-8019
Some notable current or past actions completed in Basin 14 include:
- Removal of the Geer Dam on the Ompomanoosuc River
- Bridge and culvert surveys of all four watersheds in Basin 14
- Stevens River Geomorphic Assessment (PDF, 22.7MB) and associated sediment attenuation projects
- Stevens River volunteer water quality sampling
- Ticklenaked Pond Total Maximum Daily Load (PDF, 0.5 MB), Phosphorus reduction projects and Internal Treatment study
- Wells River Stream Geomorphic Assessment (PDF, 10.5 MB)
- Waits River Phase 1 and Phase 2 Stream Geomorphic Assessment (PDF, 18 MB)
- Strafford Conservation Commission’s River Corridor Plan (PDF, 2.6MB) for the West Branch of the Ompompanoosuc River
- Ompompanoosuc River Phase 1 (PDF, 1.6 MB) and Phase 2 Stream Geomorphic Assessments (PDF, 23.2MB)
- EPA Clean up for Elizabeth Mine, Ely Mine, Pike Hill mine
- Elizabeth Copper Mine Bioassessment
- Ompompanoosuc river E. coli sampling 2007 report (PDF, 0.5 MB) and TMDL report (PDF, 3.8 MB)
2009 Basin 14 Water Quality Management Plan.
- Basin 14 Water Quality Management Plan (PDF, 2.5 MB).
- Basin 14 Appendix (PDF, 616 KB).
- Basin 14 Report Card (PDF, 115 KB)