hazardous waste

Permit Prerequisites

A Certificate of Need is required of any person proposing to begin site preparation for, or construction of, a hazardous waste treatment or disposal facility in Vermont. The requirements for a Certificate of Need are found in Section 7-504(b) of Subchapter 5 of the Vermont Hazardous Waste Management Regulations (VHWMR) and 10 V.S.A. 6606a. The fee for a certificate of need is $7,500.00.

Generator Fees

The Hazardous Waste Generator Registration Fee is an annual fee and registration requirement for all generators of hazardous waste. Act 15, 10 VSA Section 6608(f) states:
All generators of regulated hazardous waste, shall register with the secretary and pay an annual fee specified in section 2822 of Title 3.

Large Quantity Generator (LQG)

Large Quantity Generators (LQGs) LQGs generate the most waste and are subject to most stringent requirements. LQGs must also comply with specific requirements for waste testing and recordkeeping, more stringent storage time limits, more stringent employee training and contingency planning requirements.


Subscribe to RSS - hazardous waste