Currently Vermont statute allows for Pollution Control Grants of 10% - 35% for qualifying Water Pollution Abatement and Control Projects. The percent grant depends on:
- Eligible Project Type and Costs;
- Technical Points and Affordability Points awarded under the Priority System;
- Availability of Funding from the Vermont Legislature;
- Project ranking in the fundable range for PC Grants.
Formerly Vermont Statutes allowed for several types of Pollution Control Grants:
- Combined Sewer Overflow Abatement Grants (up to 25% of eligible costs)
- Dry Weather Flow Abatement Grants (up to 35% of eligible costs)
- Sludge and Septage Grants (up to 50% of eligible costs)
All projects in the CWSRF program are tracked for grant eligibility. Projects that are eligible are requested by the Department to be added to the Capitial Bill. In some circumstances the Department's recommendations may not be followed and projects may not appear in the Capital Bill.
Note: PC Grants were legislatively amended and the 2018 PList is the last opportunity to be considered for PC Grant under the old system. The new PC Grant system will take effect with the 2019 PList on July 1, 2019. Any grants funded through the old PC Grant system must be on the 2018 PList.