The Vermont Engineering Planning Advance Program is a financial program available to Vermont municipalities:
- without existing water or sewer rate payers for the purpose of obtaining a feasibility study or Preliminary Engineering Report for community-based drinking water or wastewater solutions;
- to assist regional planning and study efforts related to specific drinking water and/or wastewater needs;
- to assist with master planning for large scale, long term facility planning for one or more capital needs related to water quality or drinking water.
Advantages of the Engineering Planning Advance Program:
- repayment does not start unless and until the project goes to construction, if no project is built, no repayment is obligated.
- refinanced with the CWSRF or USDA RD construction loan or can be credited towards a Vermont Pollution Control Grant if the project is eligible.
- some planning advances can be prorated to repay portions of the loans as they relate to multi-phased planning, long term planning, or regional planning.
Note: Engineering Planning Advance money may not be available and may need a special appropriation by the Vermont legislature. All repaid Planning Advance monies revolve and become available for future planning advance studies.
Need more information? Please contact Lynnette Claudon, Engineering Planning Advance Lead.