Pursuant to 10 V.S.A. § 1253, the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation received petitions to reclassify the following streams: Alder Brook and Blue Bank Brook in Ripton and Lincoln, Vermont; and Goshen Brook in Goshen, Hancock, and Ripton, Vermont. The petitions, linked here, request the streams be reclassified from B(2) to A(1) for Aquatic Biota, Aquatic Habitat, and Aesthetics Designated Uses in the Vermont Water Quality Standards.
The purpose of the public meeting is for the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation and the petitioners to explain the petitions, and for the public to ask questions and comment on the petitions. Any person can submit oral or written statements and data concerning the petitions.
The meeting will be held via Microsoft Teams and recorded. Join the meeting at the scheduled time by clicking the “Join Microsoft Teams Meeting” link below or by calling 802-828-7667 and entering the Conference ID number: 668 725 898#.
- Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Call in (audio only): 802-828-7667, Conference ID: 668 725 898#
The following rules will help facilitate the meeting and minimize interruptions:
- If you would like to verbally ask a question or comment during the meeting, please email Bethany Sargent or call 802-490-6131 by 4:00 pm on March 29, 2021. A list of names will be created chronologically from the time the request was received.
- When you join the meeting, you will be “in the lobby” until a meeting presenter admits you into the meeting. You will be muted once you are admitted.
- Please remain muted unless instructed otherwise. Unmuting yourself may negatively impact the audio for all meeting participants.
- When a meeting presenter indicates it is your turn to ask a question or state your comment, unmute yourself by clicking the microphone symbol or press *6 if you called in to the meeting. Before moving to the next individual, a meeting presenter will mute your audio again.
- Public comments can be submitted using the chat box, which will be visible to online meeting participants. If there is still time remaining in the meeting and those that requested to speak in advance have spoken, you may request to speak in the chat box. Please wait to be called on by a meeting presenter before speaking. If called on, please unmute yourself.
If you would like to submit a comment after the meeting has ended, comments will be accepted via email to Bethany Sargent or mail to the address above (Attn: Bethany Sargent) through Friday, April 9, 2021.