Designers of water supply and wastewater treatment systems regulated under the Environmental Protection Rules, Chapter 1, Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules (WWR), are described in Subchapter 7 - Designer Licensing.
The Agency of Natural Resources will continue to administer the exams, while The VT Secretary of State is now administering all licenses.
There are four classes of Designers licensed to design wastewater systems and potable water supplies:
- Class 1 Designer is a professional engineer with a license issued to practice in the State of Vermont and who is compliant with the Designer License.
- Class A Designer is licensed to design wastewater systems that do not require site modifications and to design one potable water supply that will serve one single family residence. The wastewater system or water supply is limited to a design flow of 1350 gallons per day or less.
- Class B Designer is licensed to design wastewater systems that may require site modifications or the use of general approved innovative and alternative products and to design one potable water supply that will serve one single family residence. The wastewater system or water supply is limited to a design flow of 1350 gallons per day or less.
- Class BW Designer is licensed to design the same systems and supplies as a Class B designer and may design potable water supplies for 1350 gallons per day or less for two or more single family residence or other buildings or structures or campgrounds.
Finding a Designer:
(If you are a designer and would like to update your info. with us, please contact Graham Bradley).
Note: Septic System Installers are not licensed by the State of Vermont.
Class A, B and BW Licensed Designers must renew their license through The Secretary of State.
Graham Bradley 622-4129
- HOW TO REPORT AN ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLATION
- Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules - Effective September 29, 2007 (On- Site Rules)
- List of Publications and Sources Pertaining to On-Site Wastewater Treatment and Disposal
- Water Supply Rule Chapter 21, Appendix A, Part 11 - Small Scale Water Systems (go to page A-11-1)
- Information for an Administrative Review
- Information for a Technical Review
- WW Permit Application Fee Schedule effective 7/1/2015
- EPA's Web Page for Septic Systems Publications
- Desktop Hydrogeologic Analysis
- USDA Soil Description Information
- Angular Chart
- Soils Abbreviations
- Sample Soil Test Pit Log Form
- Explanation of Soil Test Pit Log Form
- VT Plumbing Rules effective 07/01/2013
- 2009 International Plumbing Co