Regional Office Program Rules
Proposed Amended Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules, Water Supply Rule, and Indirect Discharge Rules
- Amended Unannotated Indirect Rules
- Amended Unannotated Water Supply Rules
- Amended Unannotated WWPWS Rules
- Annotated Indirect Rules
- Annotated Water Supply Rules
- Annotated WWPWS Rules
Your Regional Office will help you locate information about your wastewater system and water supply and a Permit Specialist can answer questions you may have regarding what State permits may be needed.
Due to the high cost of printing and postage we must now charge for paper copies of the Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Rules. Please fill out the order form (PDF) for a paper copy.
Water Supply Rule (link to page) - see part II of the Water Supply Rules for non-public (potable) water systems.
Act 145, amended by the Legislature in 2012, requires a landowner applying for a Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Permit to notify adjacent landowners when a wastewater presumptive shield or water supply presumptive shield overshadows onto lot or lots not owned by the person applying for the permit. A brief outline of the notification process is as follows:
- All notifications required of the landowner (as an applicant or a permittee) shall be done by certified mail;
- Notifications to property owners affected by “overshadowing” will be made using a standardized form developed by the Secretary;
- Notifications only need to include a site plan that accurately depicts all of the overshadowed areas on neighboring property. (The requirement to send the entire application and a copy of all of the plans has been eliminated); and
- Notification to property owners possibly affected by overshadowing shall be made at least seven calendar days prior to the date that the permit application is submitted to the Secretary. (The prior notice period didn’t start until the application was submitted).
- If there is no overshadowing, ANR Form 5 must be submitted with the permit application.
The Notification Documents are:
- Notification Requirements Guidance Document 2010-01 Revised 8-24-12
- Instructions for Filing Permit Applications to Comply with Acts 145 and 117
- ANR Notification Form that is to be provided to each landowner affected by overshadowing ANR Form 1
- Notice of Overshadowing after Filing an Application for a Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Permit ANR Form 2
- Notice of Overshadowing by a Constructed Wastewater System and/or Potable Water Supply ANR Form 3
- Overshadowing Certification Statement which is to be submitted with each application that has landowners affected by overshadowing. ANR Form 4
- Please note that the Certified Mail Receipt to each affected landowner needs to be attached to the Certification Statement.
- No Overshadowing Certification Statement which is to be submitted with each application that has no overshadowing issues. ANR Form 5