The Vermont Salvage Yard Program is responsible for the implementation of Vermont Statues and Rules pertaining to the operation of salvage yards. The program is also charged with:
- Annual permitting of salvage yards,
- Development and provision of best management practices and other training materials to ensure salvage yards operate in a manner protective of Vermont citizens and the environment,
- Conducting compliance inspections at salvage yard facilities that are not permitted.
Forms and Applications
Any person wishing to establish, operate or maintain a salvage yard in the State of Vermont shall obtain a permit from the Salvage Yard Program.
Applicants must obtain a Certificate of Approved Location (COAL) from the town where the salvage yard is located prior to submitting an application to the Salvage Yard Program.
Other information that may be useful when considering establishing or operating a salvage yard:
- Salvage Yard Rules
- Best Management Practices
- Salvage Yard Fact Sheet
- LIST OF PERMITTED SALVAGE YARDS
All draft permits for first-time salvage yards must be posted on the Agency website for 30 days for the purpose of providing the public with an opportunity to review and submit written comments. The Secretary shall consider all comments before granting or denying the permit.
Current Draft Permits:
Submit comments on the draft permit to:
Marc Roy, Program Manager
1 National Life Drive, Davis 1
Montpelier, VT 05620-3704