The 2016 Missisquoi Bay Tactical Basin Plan was adopted in December, 2016, and is now available for use.
The Missisquoi Bay Tactical Basin Plan (TBP) was developed with the purpose of both improving and protecting water quality and aquatic habitats, and presents the recommendations of State and Federal resource agencies, watershed partner organizations, planning commissions, municipalities, and individual citizens. The Plan provides an overall assessment of the health of the Lamoille River basin and defines on-going and future actions and strategies to address high-priority stressors. An additional goal of the plan is to set priorities for meeting targets for phosphorus loading from the Missisquoi River and all of the waters adjacent to its drainage basin that contribute to Missisquoi Bay in Lake Champlain. As such the plan contains a comprehensive chapter addressing the Lake Champlain TMDL requirements, including high-resolution phosphorus load modeling.
The central component of the Tactical Basin Plan is an implementation table summary with targeted actions to protect very high quality waters and to address the water quality issues in the watershed. Over 600 individual related projects included in the VT Watershed Projects database.
A responsiveness summary addressing public comments is also available. For assistance using the Plan, please contact Karen Bates by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (802) 490-6144.
The Agency of Natural Resources’ prior 2013 Missisquoi Bay Basin Water Quality Management Plan is available here.
The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources has prepared an online mapping tool, the ANR Natural Resources Atlas, that allows the reader to identify the locations of many Basin features.
- Stormwater Master Plan - Swanton Town and Village
- Stormwater Master Plan - Town of Enosburg and Enosburg Falls
- Stormwater Master Plan - Town of Franklin
- Stormwater Master Plan - Town of Georgia
- Stormwater Master Plan - Highgate
- Wild and Scenic River Study - Upper Missisquoi River and Trout River
- Missisquoi River Watershed (Basin #6)
- Missisquoi River Watershed Water Quality Assessment Report (August 2015)
- Phosphorus Levels in Six Tributaries of Missisquoi Bay (2015)
- Lake Carmi Phosphorus TMDL
- Lake Carmi Phosphorus Reduction Action Plan (2008)
- Lake Carmi Watershed Assessment (2009)
- Tactical Basin Planning Homepage
- Lake Champlain Basin Program
- Lake Champlain Basin Program Atlas
- Lake Champlain Research Consortium's Partnership for Research and Integration in the Missisquoi Ecosystem (PRIME)
- Map of Vermont's 15 Major Drainage Basins
- Missisquoi Bay Pollution Reduction Agreement
- Missisquoi River Basin Association
- Missisquoi River Basin Association Water Quality Monitoring Program Summary of Results 2005-2014