Natural Shoreland Erosion Control Certification Course
for Landscapers, Contractors, and Site Workers
This Certification Course covers shoreland Best Management Practices, including techniques for erosion control, stormwater management, bioengineering and wildlife habitat protection. Lakeshore owners often rely on professional contractors, landscapers, engineers or other site workers to advice and help them manage their property. The NSECC course teaches contractors both the science for using BMPs and the science of how they work to protect the lake while remaining attractive and appealing to homeowners. All workers certified through this six hour training course will be listed on the Agency of Natural Resources web site and the list will be shared with lakeshore property owners. Those certified through this course will also be given preference for grants and contracts awarded through the new Vermont Clean Water Initiative, and are eligible for professional development credits, including four non-soil credits for Licensed Designers.
- To register and for general questions, please contact David Addeo at email@example.com.
- For questions about curriculum please contact Amy Picotte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bioengineering Case Studies
- Native Plant Presentation
- Permitting and Regulations
- Vermont Lake Conditions
November 2017 Training Locations and Dates:
- Monday November 6 - Montshire Museum in St. Johnsbury
- Wednesday November 8 - Associated General Contractors of Vermont in Montpelier
- Wednesday November 15 - University of Vermont Sea Grant in Essex
November 2016 Training Locations and Dates:
- Monday, November 7, at Rutland Natural Resources Conservation District in Rutland, VT
- Wednesday, November 9, at the Fairbanks Museum in St. Johnsbury, VT
- Monday, November 14, at Lake Champlain Sea Grant at UVM in Essex Junction, VT
- Wednesday, November 16, at Assoiated General Contractors of Vermont in Montpelier, VT
January and February 2016 Training Locations and Dates:
- Wednesday, January 20, at the Lake Champlain Basin Program in Grand Isle, VT
- Friday, January 22, at the Associated General Contractors of Vermont in Montpelier, VT
- Monday, January 25, at the Northwoods Stewardship Center in Charleston, VT
- Wednesday, January 27, at the Poultney Mettowee Natural Resources Conservation District in Castleton, VT
- Thursday, February 4, at the Lake Champlain Sea Grant at UVM in Burlington, VT