Clean Water Initiative Brown Bag Lecture Series
The Department of Environmental Conserservation hosts a monthly brown bag lecture series on a variety of clean water-related topics, September through June. Lectures are free and open to the public, both in person and online via webinar. Check back soon for the 2017-2018 brown bag lecture schedule.
All presentations are 11:00 am - noon in the Winooski Room at the Department of Environmental Conservation, 1 National Life Drive, Main 2, Montpelier, unless otherwise noted. If you are planning to attend in person, please RSVP to email@example.com. Click on the links below to attend remotely via Skype for Business or watch past Brown Bag Lectures on YouTube.
- September 8, 2016 - Updated Accepted Management Practices (AMPs) for Maintaining Water Quality on Logging Jobs in Vermont
- October 13, 2016 - Local Implementation Teams for Clean Water
- November 16, 2016, 9:00 am - noon at the State House, Room 11 - Long-Term Funding of Clean Water Improvements (Public Meeting)
- December 8, 2016 - Stormwater Manual & Updates of Stormwater Regulations
- January 12, 2017 - Municipal Roads General Permit Update
- February 9, 2017 - Phosphorus Controls for Municipal Stormwater and State Highways
- March 9, 2017 - Agricultural Tile Drains Update
- April 27, 2017 - Reducing Phosphorus from Rivers (previously scheduled for April 13)
- May 11, 2017 - Wetlands Projects and TMDL Implementation
- June 8, 2017 - Improving Water Quality through the Regional Conservation Partnership Program
Ecosystem Restoration Grant Applicant Webinars
Two webinars for Ecosystem Restoration Grant applicants are being offered in the Winooski Room (M240), National Life Building, Montpelier (limited seating is available) and online through Skype for Business. The webinars will also be recorded and posted on the Clean Water Initiative YouTube page. Dates and details are below.
- Thursday, May 25th, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm: Presentation on key changes to the RFP, including application types, project categories, and reporting processes, as well as a question and answer session. To attend in person, RSVP by email or call Marli Rupe at (802) 490-6171 by May 24th.
- Tuesday, June 13th, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm: Question and answer session for grant applicants. To attend in person, RSVP by email or call Marli Rupe at (802) 490-6171 by June 12th.