The Vermont Planning Advance Program is a loan program available to municipalities:
- without existing water or sewer rate payers for the purpose of obtaining a feasibility study for community based drinking water and/or wastewater solutions;
- to assist regional planning and study efforts related to specific drinking water and/or wastewater needs;
- to assist with master planning for large scale, long term facility planning for one or more capital needs related to water quality or drinking water.
Advantages of the Planning Advance Program:
- Loan repayment does not start until two years after a project is built.
- 2% annual admin fee when rolled into the construction loan.
- Some planning advances can be prorated to repay portions of the loans as they relate to multi-phased planning, long term planning, or regional planning.
Note: Planning Advance money may not be available and may need a special appropriation by the Vermont legislature. Clean Water related Planning Advance money is currently available. All repaid Planning Advance monies revolve and become available for future planning advance studies.