The Solid Waste Program hosted three meetings this past summer to explore different options for the management of Household Hazardous Waste in Vermont.
Learn more about these discussions in this Summary of the 2017 HHW Stakeholder Group Meetings.
Meetings were held on the following dates:
- June 22, 2017 (1:00- 3:00pm)
- August 2, 2017 (1:00- 3:00pm)
- September 7, 2017 (1:00- 3:30pm)
All agendas, presentations, meeting minutes and related information will be posted on this site.
Meeting #3 (September 7, 2017)
Meeting #2 (August 2, 2017)
Meeting #1 (June 22, 2017)
- Problem / Goals / What is “Success” -- Cathy Jamieson
- What is HHW? Why is good management of HHW important?
- Factual Info about current HHW collection system and costs:
- MMP collection requirements / Survey of SWMEs re: HHW amounts and collection costs - Mia Roethlein
- Examples of specific local costs and use of collection services:
- Product Stewardship Institute Research on HHW EPR programs presentation and report
- VT Materials Management Plan (MMP) 2014: Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) & Conditionally Exempt Generator (CEG) Waste
- Guidance for Meeting the MMP HHW/CEG Hazardous Waste Requirements
- 2016 HHW Cost Survey Results