An initiative of the DEC Environmental Assistance Office
In partnership with Efficiency Vermont
Check out this video EPA just released featuring the 2018-2019 Green Brewery Cohort!
Sustainable businesses mean a sustainable Vermont
Sustainability is about eliminating waste and inefficiency, which cuts costs and helps you be more profitable. It's about improving environmental outcomes. By joining a Sustainability Cohort, you will gain access to a variety of technical, media, and financial resources to help you make your business better. Businesses participating in Sustainability Cohorts receive in-depth technical assistance, training, and funding assistance in exchange for voluntarily, but formally, committing to specific, measurable goals in energy, water, waste, and wastewater. Over the course of a year-long tracking period, participating businesses meet regularly for workshops, information-sharing, and networking. Participation is free and open to any businesses in a specific sector. This initiative is funded in part through a grant from the US Environmental Protection Agency.
What you get:
- Sustainability consulting from DEC Environmental Assistance.
- Energy and efficiency consulting from Efficiency Vermont.
- Funding resources to make recommended improvements.
- Fully-subsidized Certified Green Production course from Community College of Vermont. Registration closed.
- Trainings on data tracking, energy, waste, asset management, and wastewater.
- Opportunity to make your business stand out by going green.
- Membership in the Vermont Green Business Program.
- Free publicity and media attention.
- Learn from and share ideas with other businesses at quarterly Cohort meetings.
Green Brewery Cohort
Green Dairy Cohort
Green Specialty Foods Cohort
Contact: Celia Riechel, 802-477-2669, email@example.com
Past cohort participants:
2018-2019 Green Brewery Cohort:
Magic Hat Brewery, Mill River Brewery, Drop In Brewery, Hermit Thrush Brewery, 14th Star Brewery, Whetstone Brewery, Northshire Brewery