An initiative of the DEC Environmental Assistance Office
In partnership with Efficiency Vermont
Sustainable businesses mean a sustainable Vermont
Sustainability is about eliminating waste and inefficiency, which cuts costs and helps you be more profitable. It's about improving environmental outcomes. By joining a Sustainability Cohort, you will gain access to a variety of technical, media, and financial resources to help you make your business better. Businesses participating in Sustainability Cohorts receive in-depth technical assistance, training, and funding assistance in exchange for voluntarily, but formally, committing to specific, measurable goals in energy, water, waste, and wastewater. Over the course of a year-long tracking period, participating businesses meet regularly for workshops, information-sharing, and networking. Participation is free and open to any businesses in a specific sector. This initiative is funded in part through a grant from the US Environmental Protection Agency.
What you get:
- Sustainability consulting from DEC Environmental Assistance.
- Energy and efficiency consulting from Efficiency Vermont.
- Funding resources to make recommended improvements.
- Fully-subsidized Certified Green Production course from Community College of Vermont. Starts April 22. Registration extended to April 17th!
- Trainings on data tracking, energy, waste, asset management, and wastewater.
- Opportunity to make your business stand out by going green.
- Membership in the Vermont Green Business Program.
- Free publicity and media attention.
- Learn from and share ideas with other businesses at quarterly Cohort meetings.
Brewery Cohort (Spring 2019 - Spring 2020)
Dairy Products Cohort (Spring 2019 - Spring 2020)
Specialty Foods Cohort (Summer 2019 - Summer 2020)