Vermont's CWSRF Program provides funding for Vermont's Clean Water Projects in the form of low interest loans to municipalities. Several types of loans are available.
- Planning Loans: Term of 5 to 15 years with 0% interest.
- Final Design Loans: Terms of 5 to 15 years with 0% interest.
- Construction Loans: Terms of 20 to 30 years with 2% administrative fee, annually. Terms need to be less than or equal to asset life.
Note: Most Planning and Final Design Loans are rolled into the construction loan at closing, and administrative fees would apply then.
Note: Loans involve delayed repayment.
Clean Water projects can be described as:
- Wastewater collection system and treatment facility construction, upgrade, or refurbishment Projects
- Combined Sewer Overflow abatement, monitoring, or elimination Projects
- Stomwater and wastewater separation projects
- Stormwater conveyance and/or treatment projects
- Community decentralized wastewater disposal systems
- Asset management plans, resiliency plans, TMDL related planning and optimization efforts
- Watershed projects
- Solid waste projects and brownsfields projects where they relate to water quality
- Other projects as defined by the PList funding categories
Clean Water SRF recipients are required to follow the Qualifications-Based Selection Process and Request for Qualifications (QBS-RFQ), develop Fiscal Sustainability Plans (FSP), and Cost and Effectiveness Guidelines (C&E).