A Course for Landscapers, Contractors, and Site Workers
Course Date and Location:
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at Associated General Contractors of Vermont in Montpelier, VT
This Certification Course covers shoreland Best Management Practices, including techniques for erosion control, stormwater management, bioengineering and wildlife habitat protection. Lakeshore owners often rely on professional contractors, landscapers, engineers or other site workers to advice and help them manage their property. The NSECC course teaches contractors both the science for using BMPs and the science of how they work to protect the lake while remaining attractive and appealing to homeowners. All workers certified through this six hour training course will be listed on the Agency of Natural Resources web site and the list will be shared with lakeshore property owners. Those certified through this course will also be given preference for grants and contracts awarded through the new Vermont Clean Water Initiative, and are eligible for professional development credits, including four non-soil credits for Licensed Designers.
- To register and for general questions, please contact David Addeo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about curriculum please contact Amy Picotte at email@example.com
Other November 2017 Training Dates and Locations: (All sessions run from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Attend only one session. All sessions cover the same material.)
- Monday, November 6, 2017 at the Fairbanks Museum in St. Johnsbury, VT
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at Lake Champlain Sea Grant and UVM Extension in Essex Junction, VT
- Flyer Announcement
- The Reasons for the Certification Training
- Native Plant Suppliers
- Listing of Certified Specialists in Natural Shoreland Erosion Control Practices