The Vermont Green Grocery Environmental Leader Program is a sector program of the Vermont Green Business Program. It is a NO-Cost, voluntary, environmental assistance and business recognition program offered by the Environmental Assistance Office of the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation in partnership with the Northeast Recycling Council (NERC). The goals of the program are to improve environmental and economic performance and to promote public recognition of environmental excellence for food retail entities.
The program standards require that best management practices be achieved in energy efficiency, water and waste reduction, recycling, purchasing, and operations. Technical assistance is provided in an on-site visit to help identify best management practices and with completing the application process.
Program Benefits Include:
• Customer, community, and statewide recognition
• Free and confidential technical assistance
• Cost savings from energy and water conservation
• Brand association with environmental stewardship
Sign Up in 3 Easy Steps:
1. Satisfy requirements of program prerequisite checklist
2. Complete walk-through assessment with Program Coordinator
3. Submit program application for approval
Once a member, businesses are kept abreast of new practices and products, savings opportunities, and seminars or other notable events through emails.